I had never heard of Banoffee Pie before I moved to England but this deliciously sweet and gooey desert is now one of my favourites! Not only is it amazingly delicious, it’s also the easiest thing to make, that’s two birds with one stone in my estimation! All you need is 4 simple ingredients and you’re off to the races!
A Crafty Traveler’s Quick & Easy Banoffee Pie Recipe
1 can Carnation Caramel, or other Dulce de Leche type sauce
1 or 2 bananas, depending on how much you like banana
1 small carton of Whipping cream
6 Graham Crackers or digestive biscuits
6 individual sized ramekins
1. Empty caramel into a bowl and thinly slice in the banana. Mix lightly.
2. Crush the biscuits to crumbs and spoon an equal amount into each ramekins, pack down a bit
3. Spoon caramel and banana mixture on top
4. Top with whipped cream, I like to whip the cream myself but you could use the canned stuff if you like.
5. Chill for a little while for the banana flavour to infuse into the caramel, minimum 1 hour.
It doesn’t get much easier than that! I guarantee that it will go down a treat at your next dinner party and nobody will guess just how easy it is
You can also make one big one in a square cake pan or a tart pan, I would follow the directions here so that it doesn’t just become a big sloppy mess when you serve it.
I hope you like this as much as we do! Let me know how it goes if you try it out!