Have you made a new year’s resolution? Is it to organize your house and make it look super awesome? Well if it is then making this amazing globe light fixture should be added to your list! How cool is this?!
Worry not if you aren’t normally the crafty type, these are surprisingly straightforward to make.
- Find an old globe at a thrift store (or use the old one you have lying around that still has the Soviet Union on it), and begin by removing the globe from the stand.
- Using a craft knife (and being very careful) cut the bottom out of the globe at whatever point you would like – you could even just cut it perfectly in half and make two from one globe.
- Get yourself a ceiling light kit (like this) and cut another hole in the top of the globe to accommodate the fitting. Note: always follow manufacturer’s instructions!
- Optional – spray paint or gold leaf the inside of the globe to make it more reflective (cover or remove the fixture while doing this).
- install in your desired location, insert a lightbulb (low energy, of course), and stand back to admire your handy work!
If you wanted to make it even fancier and more personalized, why not consider punching a small hole in the locations that you’ve visited or that are special to you?
With just a little bit of time and effort you can make yourself something incredibly unique that is sure to be the envy of everyone that comes to visit – and really, what could be better than that?